Recruiting for a Youth Development Coordinator
Cairns Defence Family Youth Development Program
Cairns RSL Sub Branch, Mr. Jeff Langham is very pleased to announce that the RSL Sub Branch Board of Directors have approved the creation of a pilot Cairns Defence Family Youth Development program ‘Kickstart– Together’. This new program will work with the young people 12yrs to 17yrs of current serving and ex-serving Veterans to promote and enhance the inner Strength, Spirit and Resilience of young people who are or have experienced living in a Defence Family and the challenges it can bring. The program will be based on the Positive Youth Development (PYD) approach to supporting
youth. To support the development of the program, the Sub Branch to looking to appoint a Part Time (25hrs) Youth Development Coordinator. Due to the nature of the activities there will
be some weekend and out of hours work.
As this is a pilot program this will be term appointment until December 2022, ongoing funding will be sought using the outcome findings of the pilot.
If you believe that you would be well suited to undertake the role of Youth Development Coordinator in further developing this innovative program please call the Sub Branch on 4051 5254 or email@example.com for a position description.
*Applications for position will close at 4pm on Friday the 4ᵗʰ of March 2022.
*Applications must be typed and contain an up-to-date Resume and separate responses to each of the Selection Criteria below, (no more than two pages for responses).
Essential Selection Criteria
• Qualifications in Youth, Community Development, Human Services, or related fields or demonstrated knowledge and relevant experience in the following.
o Current issues affecting young people including risk taking behaviour.
o ability to engage positively with young people (12-17 of Serving and Non- Serving Veterans Families).
o Understanding of Youth Participation principles and a community development framework.
• Demonstrated experience in group programs and events development, implementation, and evaluation.
• Demonstrated ability to write reports to professional standards, collate relevant data and integrate into reports.
• Use a variety of computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• Proven ability to positively embrace, adopt, and meet the challenges of change as it occurs within the organisation while possessing a ‘can do’ attitude in order to embrace new tasks and to assist others.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships and networks with
• Demonstrated experience and commitment contributing to and working within a multi-disciplinary team environment, including paid staff and volunteers.
• Current Qld Driver’s License, Qld Working with Children Check, Federal Police Clearance.
Authorised: Mal McCullough (Executive Officer)
Cairns RSL Sub Branch Inc
0481 994 111